Coconut Flour Coconut flour is a distinctive choice for people who are looking for alternatives to make rotis / chapattis or even for baking! Our Coconut flour simply contains coconut flesh which Read More
* Free Shipping on orders over Rs.999.00
Coconut flour is a distinctive choice for people who are looking for alternatives to make rotis / chapattis or even for baking! Our Coconut flour simply contains coconut flesh which is dried at low temperature and then grounded to a typical flour consistency. It is not sweetened or defatted. There are absolutely no preservatives or additives added in the process. It is mild in taste and offers a diverse nutrient profile that may have a range of health benefits.
Coconut Flour is growing in popularity due to:
- It contains low carbohydrates and is immensely used by low-Carb enthusiasts
- It is rich in good fats and hence has become a regular staple for Keto and Paleo diet followers
- It is naturally Gluten-free and is an ideal option for people suffering from celiac disease, wheat allergy, or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- Coconut flour is rich in fiber and helps in keeping blood sugar levels stable. It's Glycaemic Index (GI) is about 51 which is way lower than wheat flour which has a GI of 69.
- Most of the coconut flour fiber is insoluble which adds bulk to stools and reduce the likelihood of constipation. The soluble fiber in the coconut flour feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Coconut flour is rich in Lauric Acid which is a known anti-bacterial. Once consumed lauric acid forms a compound known as monolaurin which fights bacterial, viral and fungi infections